Forms of hosting services
A hosting service refers to keeping and/or sharing particular web content on a server hosted by a website hosting vendor. There are various varieties of hosting services utilized for various aims, so let's study these. Doing so, you can decide what you want, depending on whether you desire to set up a site, mail aliases, or to share files with mates and associates.
- File hosting: a solution made available by given hosts, which permits you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only goal is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a record of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php website files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage packages are frequently supported by displaying adverts beside the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a certain amount of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you get a paid file hosting package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limitation with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting wholesalers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely untrue interpretation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would allot the load between separate bunches of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving various website hosting services (mail, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, web site hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is just a type of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; specific firms offer a hosting service for images solely. This hosting type is appropriate if you wish to share an enormous amount of pictures with buddies or colleagues since the service is usually free of cost. You will receive a randomly generated link for each picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to managing your e-mail aliases. Some vendors offer website hosting services for web pages, but do not supply an email service. If you want to launch an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to possess a web site, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can open email accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a specific video clip, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video clip brings about a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with several video files and several hundred visitors, you may have a hard time with your hosting reserves. Embedding the video clip will allow you to possess as many video files as you want without bothering about system supplies.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you need if you desire to own a website. To a certain extent, it embodies all of the aforesaid hosting groups since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can set up databases and mails, upload video clips, and so on. At Alpha, for instance, you can observe web hosting and dedicated web hosting solutions that enable you to have all of the abovementioned services in a single place. There may be limitations based on the kind of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your hosting package may be better or worse compared to the usual e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are conceived for particular web content solely.